Monday, January 18, 2010

Camp is done...

... and I am having a good time. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm not sure how I went this long, thought I had posted more recently but apparently not. I am in the middle of getting ready to buy my ticket to Thailand from where I will take a train and bus to Cambodia. Meet up with a couple people and kick around Cambodia for a week until it's time to head back.
Camp was fun here are some pictures. I got to meet and talk to many awesome kids, the best part I actually got to learn some of my sixth graders names and then I really got to learn some of my future kids names. The rising sixth graders are awesome.



This is outside on our soccer field. We are lucky to have what appears to be a new gym and very new-ish soccer field and track at the school. Several days we went outside and played "Pigu" which is Korean dodgeball. It's different from American dodgeball in that when you are hit you just go to the other side and throw at the other team from there back so basically it's more active. The 2 girls in the forground are 6th graders the boy they are taking aim at is a 4th grader.





This picture is interesting because I am a tourist attraction in it. It should be noted that I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 pictures from this 4 week event and I probably only took half of them. The kid were good and I think they did take some very nice pictures.



These 5th grade girls were particularly hard to crack. I'm not sure how they made it into my class, the top class in the cause they did almost nothing. I look forward to bribing them to be active with candy and punishment in the future.




No real point of this picture I just like this kids shirt.




This is from our cooking class day. I wanted to make rice krispie treats but my co-teacher told me she couldn't find marshmellows. Me and the other teachers went out and found them in a local grocery store. We ended up making cookies it was fun.


Anyway I've got one week to spend as little money as possible in an effort to save as much as possible so I can pay my bills and still run to Cambodia with $300 or so. I'll probably make it easily but it'll be nice to push myself this week. Also I should mention that I'm not actually going to work now, there is nothing for me to do and they said I can stay home until Feb 1 the only thing they said was I couldn't leave the country. Easy enough

No comments:

Post a Comment