Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ready for Vacation

So here I am. January 26 about 22 days from my vacation. Today I bought my ticket to Bangkok. But the actual vacation is in Cambodia cause I don't want to be some weirdo wandering around Thailand by myself. Also I don't want to think while I'm on vacation so I'm basically going to let others think for me. If I could just switch off my brain and sleep for 10 days I would but this seems like a good alternative.

I'm not sure of how the school calender works here so I don't know when Summer Break is but I do know that by taking vacation in February at the last possible moment I open myself up to a shorter second half of the year. My vacation will fall one day before exactly 6 months after departure from the States (if that makes sense). Other people were taking vacation in December which kind of blew my mind. The job can be rough but unless you were in some sort of hellish situation all you've been doin this winter is Winter Camp, which is funner than regular school in just about every situation, sitting at your desk 8 hours a day and surfing the internet or sitting in your apartment for 11 working days. It should be noted that those day aren'counting against the vacation if they let you have them and you can travel the country if you want to. Speaking of which I think I might have lost my co-teacher. I sent her a text with a question about my vacation and she hasn't responded which leads me to believe shes outta here. I probably should have asked her. Anyway I'm going to meet 3people in Siem Reap, Cambodia on like the 18th or 19th.

So since I've started why don't I just start from the "top". Feb. 17, I go to Incheon to catch a plane that leaves at 9:25pm. It should arrive in Bangkok at 1:20am. I'll stumble around the Bangkok airport for an hour or two then go to the train station to catch the 5:55am train to the Cambodian border. That arrives around 1pm and then I have to get a visa, if choose not to get the online one, and cross on foot or bus I'm not really sure. Either way cross take a taxi to the first town then take another taxi or a bus for a 3-5 hour bus ride to Siem Reap from there I pass out and stop thinking let the thinkers think and plan just follow.

Of course before any of this I have 2 weeks of school including the graduation of my 6th graders which will be a sad event. I will miss them alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment