Thursday, February 11, 2010

There they go...

It's done. My 6th graders are now no longer 6th graders. Starting next month they are 1st grade middle school. I got to go to their graduation today. So I wrote 5 notes. 4 were to some kids that came to English Camp so I got to know them much better plus their English is great.



The other note was to the little girl in Pink here.

Why her? Because before I set foot in the classroom she gave me a note and was an absolute angel. She isn't the best speaker but she is apparently great at dictation(she got high marks on the exams) but like I said she was really nice to from the get go. Shes also smaller than most of the kids but like I said very nice.

I also got some news from my co-teacher about the next semester. Let me give you a little info about Korea. They like to build up. You see these high rise apartments. Thats basically a subdivision or neighborhood back home. There aren't any of that stuff like we think of it.



I live in a tiny town. There are 3 or 4 buildings overthere and the school is right there, in Daejeon the city next to us one friend I have lives next to 3 schools, literally 2 Middle Schools and an Elementary School. We were driving in her car once and I asked about one of the schools, she said it was a middle school, then I asked is that the one your daughter goes to? Nope! The school was a 5 minute walk from their apartment. There is a middle school that is closer!!!!!!!!!!! That is INSANITY!!!!! They might be building schools on top of schools at this point. My point is there is another school that is opening near my main school. As far as I know I'm the only teacher at the school on that side of town. This mean that according to my co-teacher I may move from my rural school to this one. Also this school will split the population of my school. I am torn about all of this to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment