Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Next Week

My vacation starts on the 17th. That is a fact that doesn't matter right now. For the next 5 days I am going to be an absolute emotional trainwreck. I already am now just thinking about it and knowing that it is here. I love the kids I teach. They are so smart and so ambitious. I know that they can and will do things that will amaze and surprise people for many many years to come. That's why I wish they didn't have to go. For the past 6 months they have been what I live for, I have tried to give them everything I got, for better or worse. Now here we are My Sixth graders are going to graduate to Middle School and I won't even be able to be at the ceremony because I'll be at my second school saying "Good-bye" to My OTHER kids. I know that the rising 6th graders will be awesome and fun and just as mind blowing to me, but that doesn't matter right now because I'm loosing the divine inspiration for my life here. They are moving up and I will be left behind.

All the years in school growing up, I never once considered how my elementary school teachers felt about us going on to the next grade. I don't know if this impending sense of greif is what they get but if it is they are immensly stonger than I am because like I said I'm going to lose it at least once this week. Well I should say at school because I've already lost it. These first 15 classes of the week will be the hardest and longest and worst moment in my entire life so far. I just hope I can articulate to them in a way for them to understand how much they mean to me, as my first class of students

No comments:

Post a Comment