Tuesday, May 12, 2009

But Bernard how will you get along?

I know zero Korean. I'm trying to to learn by myself online stuff, I don't want to pay for rosetta stone and I cannot find a class here in Charlotte so I do what I can, or at least I tell myself that. I think that once I arrive and have no choice I'll be much better about it but for now I'll try to build an infrastructure for learning the language through immersion which I'm sure many people say they'll do and don't, and I know I probably wont either but I won't let that deter me.

You might also say, "but Bernard do you even know anyone in Korea?" The answer is yes, I have one friend from school. She's from Korea and went back this January. We've talked through facebook messages before and for a while and shes cool so that's one person I can ask questions to and talk too. Then there are people from I think I'm Lost, which is a forum for the JET program and Japan. They have forums for other teaching jobs but mostly in Japan. Either through my incessant nagging or other peoples desire to do the same thing that I'm doing, which is really just getting away, so odds are that none of them speak Korean either but hey they are great people to talk to and hang out with on long weekends and such.

Other than that I don't really have a ton of people to go to other than my family and other friends who may read this which is where the commenters come in.

Hurray commenters!!1!11!one1!1

1 comment:

  1. comment comment comment

    oh hey btw. how will you ever get along in korea!?!?!?!?!11one

    ReplyDelete