Monday, September 21, 2009

Toughest Day Yet

Today was bad and hopefully it's over. I woke up and it was raining, not bad just enough to have to use an umbrella. So I get to school early so that I can print and laminate some stuff for class and that goes well enough. I have to go buy the sheets after school cause I didn't know that you needed them and thought the machine just did it. It feels hard to explain now I'm a little tired, anyway, the first class was interesting cause it was the first time with the new lesson plan and things are never as they appear in teaching. I mean I had an idea but trying to do it is always so eye opening. It wasn't as expected but the Co-teacher was ever present. She continued to suggest changes and I continued to tweak the lesson on my on then she left and came back. She really lets me have the class when I'm teaching here, sometimes to the point of frustration. If you know me then you know I don't speak Korean. I can say 'hello', 'goodbye', 'here', 'there' and 'thank you'. Basically most of the kids probably only get half of what I'm saying, well it would be half if they would listen. This is where the troubles begin today.

After lunch I only have 2 classes. They were real bastards today. Thus I had to be a bastard right back at them. They were loud, I was louder, they continued to screw around, I made them stand up. Keep dicking around and the next person hast to stand in a corner. This just kept escalating until I had 2 kids outside of the room. At another point I had 3 girls standing in the corners. One time I had the back row stand up and put their hands on their heads and read stuff from the board. Eventually on of the entire classes had to stand up and I lectured them about shutting their faces while I talk. Other than that I'm ready to go home, think of a better way to get through tomorrow and come out swinging. These children will not get the better of me!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been having adventures making lessons for my first and second graders - the teacher's English isn't great and sometimes she tries to change the lesson midway through but can't explain to me what she wants and won't teach it herself. Also, my first graders whip through lessons at ridiculous speed.
    I've been lucky enough not to have discipline problems so far - but you could make them sing I'm A Little Teapot in front of the class. If they keep being bad, videotape them singing and threaten to put it online where their friends can see.

    ReplyDelete