Sunday, October 4, 2009

Seoul, now with photos



So I'm not saying that this is some sort of message or how the weekend went. This was in the I'Park Mall at Yongsan Station in Seoul. It's a fantastical place and this was a fantastical piece of "Fake Art". When I saw the sign which I didn't take a picture of I laughed. Now that I see it I think "Hmmm if you make it, how can it be fake." Then I look at this picture that I took



Good clean fun. I think not. T-rex attacks on the Metro lines in Seoul kill 350 people a month. Won't you give me money so I can stop this prehistoric menace.

So we walked around and got to take these pictures with the camera I bought this last weekend and I think they are pretty sweet. But lets look at some more amazing technology that we saw for sale. OMG!!! Pikachu N64, I'll take 5. I don't know how much it was because I knew that no matter how little they were asking I wouldn't buy it unless they or someone nearby had GoldenEye... Luckily no one did.



This is the sunset we saw as we were walking out of the electronics market we were there for a long long time. Anyway it looks nice and so here it is.


We went to N. Seoul Tower which really isn't in north Seoul. So it's very confusing. It's on top of one of the big hills in Seoul of which there are like 5-8 I guess. For the most part these hills are totally pristine. They don't build into or up them so the City has a lot of green space which is nice and I'd like to explore more. Anyway that's a wire man next to the tower. They have 5 of them there but this is the only one who is standing up the others are lying down.


This is just what all the exit signs on Korea look like. I don't know why but I imagine that this little green man is moving faster then the man in Americas exit signs.(when there is one)


This is just a section of Seoul. Those of you who have been to Seoul tower know that it's just to damn big. Like any modern city, it would have been cool if this was built a was away but it's still very neat. Also very high.


This is the Cheonggyecheon. It's a 6k(3+mile) long stream that runs through downtown Seoul. It was just rebuilt 4-5 years ago after having been destroyed and covered for transit space.


I didn't know it but they have rapids in Seoul, that's pretty extreme. It's a very peaceful place not that Seoul has the loudness and hustle and bustle of an American city but this was extra relaxing setting.


What stream would be complete without fountains. They really do add something to the environment without taking away from the natural setting that we were in. I think I'll go back and walk it all myself if I have to but one way or another I'll cover the full 6k.

OK that was Seoul this weekend. Maybe I'll have some more mountain pictures from Okcheon by next weekend's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment