Saturday, December 19, 2009

A message about the Korean Language

Hello,

Today I come to educate. The Korean Language has been a cruel and elusive mistress to me, almost as cruel as English itself. But today with the help of some creative explenations and away from all those "Learning Korean" websites I want to help you learn some Korean. At least how to read, because once you can read the whole world is your book. At least Korea anyway. Let's start(oh and did I mention that I can't type Korean on my computer)

Today I will try to explain sounds that look like English letters ( I seriously almost called them "American letters" wtf). If you see what you think is a "F" but it's facing the other way then it's Korean and it makes a "K" sound. If you see an "E" upper case then don't think "mEE" try "Tea" cause "E"s get the "T" sound. If you see a box and that box is closed then thats an "M" like you'd find in "geM". If the side of the box aren't on the edges of the and are also not touching the top line then that's a "P" sound. This takes more out of me than I thought also I'm hungry more later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment