Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Winter Camp is on!!!

Here we are. I'm a week and a half into winter camp and I love it. I get the best kids in the school. I love it, absolutley love it. It's still the same thing, no co-teacher, in the room by myself with the kids but these kids speak English and want to learn. They want to learn!!!! Just today I let my class out on time at 3:20, then I sit down and start to do my post class work. Roll, teaching diary, cleaning up my desk, 3 girls just hung out and talked to me a really good 6th grader, a really good 5th grader and an obviously amazing 3rd grader. Now, just because they are in the highest class doesn't mean that they are perfectly fluent. The 5th & 6th graders can understand me and answer usually in a bit of a stilted sentence but they are making sentences. The 3rd grader is just so cute, the vocab she hasn't learned because she's still in 3rd grade is huge but she obviously understands quite a bit. The kids had to take a placement test and about 37-40 kids got to be in the top class. There was some vocab and sentence structure stuff she nailed it. Only 3rd grader in either of my classes. When we were all talking she would mostly speak in Korean and the 6th grader would translate, talked about their home life, after school life are they enjoying my classes and most important I found out they are in fact learning. Mission Accomplished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment