Sunday, November 15, 2009

I love my Location

I went shopping today. I left for Daejeon and by the way it was snowing. Before I left I talked to 2 people back home. First Jackie, we video chatted and she showed me her new apartment. Then I showed her my room and I went to open the back to to shoe the view and lo and behold snow flurries were coming down. We probably talked for 15 minutes but most of it was showing the places. After I got off the line with her I called my Mom and talked for an hour. It was good to hear how shes doing. I also found out that the temperature difference if about 20-30 degrees, high temp today was about 42 in Okcheon and it's supposed to be in high 60's in Charlotte, so you all should consider yourself lucky. I spoke with some Korean friends and they were like "this is nothing, wait til real winter", I can't wait(spoken with sarcasm layed on thick).

Anyway, just because it was only 40 degrees out doesn't mean the sexy short skirt dance girls can't be out selling things for the man. I don't know why but the LG store by Seodaejeon Station had two women out there on a platform, one would constantly dance, the other had a mic and would talk then join in the dancing. I cannot stress enough that it was 40 degrees, sure they had on leg warmers but they also had on short skirts. Across the street from that is where I went exploring today. The Say Department Store. Don't let the name fool you, in Korea all most all stores are Department stores that have everything including in this one 2 food courts, a massive parking garage, a GS 25 Supermarket and the big prize Western fast food. Last week I had gone in and found a Burger King in the space between the "Say" and "Say Two", and yes they are technically 2 stores that are seperate but are connected in basically one large building. Today I found a Popeyes Chicken, Holy Cow, I was floored because basically that and Bojangles were like the last 2 things I would have ecpected to see here, I better start looking for that Bojangles. I will go back next week and take pictures to prove that I'm not some horrible liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment