Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Photo-post #1

I go to Seoul alot. It seems like almost every weekend I find myself there. Well I'm gonna have a hard time slowing down when I get to take pictuers like this.



This was in the most trendy area of Seoul Myeong-dong, there are shops with western sized clothes and it's really upscale. Those are 2 things I never thought I'd say. I mean I don't particularly care for clothes or what I'm wearing, until I get into a class full of children then I want to dress like the Pope for some reason. So I may end up back there this weekend but only to buy a winter coat. Or a Pea coat to be more percise, why I don't know I saw one that I liked in a store, I'm going to go to Daejeon tomorrow first cause there is a store there that I'll check. Also while in Seoul and in Myeong-dong I found this.



It was just as glorious as back home and I'm afraid that this alone may drag me back to Seoul. It was in the bottom of the Lotte Hotel and Department store which is this grand and opulent, and beautiful for that matter, building mostly because it has this.

I was also in Itawon, the hole in Seoul that is the foreigner district. I don't mean to be so down but the other places in Seoul really are nicer. But I havent seen a DVD selection as varied as this since I moved out of my Wolf Vilage apartment.





Anyway being here no is cool but it makes me appriciate Thanksgiving even more than ever. Not for missing family and friends, but for missing the frame that it provides for the Holiday Season. It has already begun here. So I'll leave on this kind of a downer note before some Christmas light pictures. My co-teacher, Hyunsuk, is sick. She's an absolute angel but she has basically been barely able to come to work for going on a week now. If she does come in she makes it up to the class room for maybe 2 lessons(to make sure I'm covering the right material) then she goes back down stairs to the office and leaves. There is really nothing you can do I just thought I'd tell someone cause it sure as hell gets me down. So now, happy pictures.





1 comment: