Monday, July 20, 2009

The 10:30 Post #1

So the 10:30 posts begin in earnest here. It isn't even 10am today and I already feel like I've done quite a bit. I took Mom to work this morning then drove across town to get the second part of my physical done, the blood work. I spent all day Sunday drinking bottle after bottle of water to pump myself up and swell the veins in my arm for this one and it worked. Well more like I got the really good nurse this time. I told her about how they tried 3 different veins and kept moving around in my arm last time and she was like "I don't do that, I find a vein and I don't move". Lo and behold she did it and even made it nearly painless. Also while I was there I had them look at my ear because since I last visited them I couldn't hear anything with my left ear. Turns out it was just earwax on my ear drum so they flushed out my ear and sent me on my way. I can hear everything now it is glorious. Gross yes but you don't know how many times I thought I was sick or catching something that would derail the trip just about a month outside of it happening

As far as thoughts on South Korea and the whole program go all I can say is I wish that there was a forum or just online community like ITIL for EPIK teachers and people because the visceral negativity that oozes from Dave's ESL Cafe is so tough there isn't like one troll it's more like everyones either a troll or a newbie. ITIL is much more comfy.

In other news today is the 40th Anniversary of Man landing on the Moon. Why haven't we gone back or further? I don't know but we should look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment