Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The 10:30 Post #3: Luggage

So last night I went out shopping for luggage because I have none of my own, I started out on the internet and looked at places like Macys, JC Penney's and Dillards at the local mall for me, Northlake. Needless to say they had some pretty trendy and high class stuff... for ridiculous prices. Lets say I wanted to buy 3 bags a big 28" bag, a 19-25" bag and then a duffel for carrying on. I probably could have spent $250-300. That's more than a third of my plane ticket. I would have to an extra two weeks to make that (more now that they are shutting down the hours). There were some pretty trendy looking brands like Swiss Army, American Tourister and other ones.

Whelp, I left the mall and went to Wal-Mart because they have everything for cheap. I like cheap. After getting some help finding the luggage aisle I saw something that looked kind of frail and cheap I think it was called "Protege" and they had like a 3 piece set for $40, that's pretty sweet but once again I don't want my luggage to fall apart. Next in line was American Tourister which I was surprised to see but happy. Very, very happy. So they had a couple of things, a four piece set with the star being a 25 inch suitcase with "spinner" wheels for $74. Then there was a 5 piece set with the center piece being a 28 inch case with regular wheels and the second case is a 24incher. $94. Winner! I consulted home base then promptly purchased it.

Next up: Packing for a year long trip a Month in advance of leaving

No comments:

Post a Comment