Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The 10:30 Post #16: Carowinds featuring no good pictures part 2!!

Hello again, I think I'll just pick up from where I left off which is now walking towards the area with Thunder Road and After Burn (formerly Top Gun). We considered playing a game cause they had those huge prizes for climbing the rope ladder but I was just not feeling it. Plus it was drizzly and overcast, which is better for keeping the people away and lines short is just a downer until you start moving at great speeds and then that rain is smacking you in the face at 40-50mph. Anyway we moseyed on over to Scooby's Haunted Mansion and went front seat, back seat and play against each other. I crushed Jackie. It wasn't even close but fun. My right hand was over 1000 points and the left was at like 500. Jackie said her guns didn't work so we decided on a rematch later in the day where we would flip and she would sit in the front seat.

So we left and I was fist pumping and we went over towards the bumper cars and rode those good time hit a lot of other people not just Jackie, talked to some of the people that I work with then went up and rode Thunder Road. I kept trying to tell Jackie that the Silver side is way rougher then the Hurler, which it is. Unfortunately only the Blue side was open so no racing and no checking out the roughest ride in the park. We still got a car that was plenty rough and she was impressed. She was upset that one of the trains didn't go backwards but I think it was still fun, I mean I like it so I always have a good time. After we rode that we went to After Burn which she swore was now her favorite ride since they changed Thunder Road and we rode that. It's always fun but I don't know why but it felt faster or maybe it was the constant humidity that made riding it, a sit down dangle your feet style coaster, like pushing through cotton the entire ride it just felt heavy. So that was an interesting sensation.

We ventured to Kiddie Land afterwords and rode something that I had wanted to ride for a while, the Phantom Flyers, these are hard to explain so I'll just show a picture.



This is a bad kind of picture from later in the day when we went back. The first time we rode in the same little car because, we were standing in line behind a group of four and the person working was like "I got 2" I was like sweet and we walked out and there was only one left. So we jumped in. We got high, really really high. We were over the station like above it, the wires were acting a little crazy and there were trees that Jackie wished that they would have cut cause let's be honest they were kind of close. Needless to say I don't really think the ride was built to take a relatively large male or the equivalent of that 2 pygmy adults that weigh like a combined 270. It was a pretty scary ride for adults, probably the funnest one in the park. Plus Jackie admitted to being scared and I was the one driving so I scared her. Good times, we rode the Fairly Odd coaster and Runaway Reptar and Jackie got a Frozen Lemonadem which is apparently her favorite food/drink ever and we rode Sky Tower and then went to lunch at Cici's Pizza. This was the beginning of our mid day break at around 2:40 that included a trip into Charlotte to pick my mom up from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment