Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Final Countdown is on

This is it. I'm less than a day away. I know that odds are on the other side of the planet, and I'm talking Australia and New Zealand who are leaving for a much shorter flight and those who have already touched down. They don't have to worry about the jet lag. For them it's like going from Brazil to Toronto and probably not even as big of a weather change.

As for the weather I've been following it everyday from all my points of departure, Greensboro, Washington, D.C. and Tokyo. It's pretty solid Tokyo has a 40% chance of rain, thats the most of any location. As for the trajectory of the flight I don't know anything about speed but the great circle route says we should fly almost due north from Washington, D.C.. Most of the time will be spent over Canada, Alaska and Non-Soviet Russia so little blue or black seas to watch. I don't know when I'll post again cause I'm probably gonna turn in early and obviously wake up very early to get to the airport at about 2-2.5 hours before the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment