Monday, August 31, 2009

Let me show you how it's done. Korean-style

No! This isn't about stealing thing a la James Carville on that one episode of 30 Rock. This is about laundry. Right now it's about 9pm and I'm doing laundry. What makes Korean style so different you ask. The washer and dryer are on the roof of the hotel and they have given me access to them.

I don't know how long I will be here but if it is much past this week I will make sure to bring my co-teacher to the roof of the building and kindly ask, "how does this thing work?" cause right now I'm flying, and washing, my underwear and only my underwear cause I can't read Korean and I don't want everything to run together in some sort of cultural disaster of, well for lack of a better term, epik, proportions. I don't even know what I would do if my clothes were lost or damaged I probably have enough money to make it to the first paycheck but spending most of that on clothes would be bad. So here I am sitting on the 5 floor of the Okcheon Tourist Hotel with my dirty underwear in a strange machine with writing on it that is alien to me on the roof, spinning, spinning always spinning towards the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment